Monday, October 20, 2008

Tentative Wedding Date: June 2009

We finally made a decision - we're NOT getting married over Thanksgiving. There were pros and cons about the idea, but it finally occurred to me that we were stressing ourselves out with trying to get the wedding organized within a few weeks, and there's just no reason to try to push it. So life resumes its normal frenetic pace without immediate wedding plans hanging over our heads!

Although it was absolutely gorgeous weather this weekend, it was kinda tough since I had a really bad cold and John was in SD with Oliver and Bailey. I had arranged for our Mother's Helper to come give me a break on both Saturday and Sunday, but she has cystic fibrosis and shouldn't be around sick people, so we had to cancel her visits. :P So Harry and I had a very low-key weekend. The highlight of it was that the neighbor next door had raked leaves and left a leaf pile in the front yard, and by playing with a kid visiting that house, Harry got to jump in the leaf pile. From then on, every time we left the house Harry wanted to go jump in the leaf pile... and I let him! I kicked the leaves all back into a pile each time we were done - I'm sure we reduced some of them to dust, but oh well. I've promised Harry that when our tree drops its leaves, I'll rake him a good pile and let him kick and jump and scatter leaves to his heart's content. For one day. Then I'll hand him a rake. :D

I also had my first mammogram last week - happy 40th birthday! I was expecting some sort of medieval torture device with a thin veneer of modern medicine over it, but it actually wasn't at all bad - barely even uncomfortable, much less painful.

And Harry has his first black eye. He was running across the playground to his teacher and fell and hit his cheek - a nice bruise on the cheek that then traveled up to his eye. It's not as bad now as it was, but John and I are both ready to be done with it. We're probably imagining most of the stares, but it doesn't help that recently Harry has been pretty aggressive, and when he hits us, we say, "Don't hit Mama" (or Papa) and Harry responds, "Don't hit Harry!" Ack.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I still love jumping in leaves - and don't forget to make leaf angels!

Scott said...

Schmkarlaylin, congrats on the new plan!

Same thing goes as before: you have to choose a date, whether or not any of us can come, though we want to! ;-p That said, here's the view from SMEE:

Mary's last day of school is Friday, June 19, so any time between then and, say, July 2 is good for us (I have an Amadeus commitment on July 4, but even that is negotiable if necessary).

News flash: I just got asked to guest conduct for the Messiah Singalong at KenCen this December 23rd! Good times, and I don't need to wait in line for tickets...;-p