I've really enjoyed the Harryisms and the descriptions about the wedding. I'm sorry to hear Harry is having some kind of reaction to something. Hope you find out soon what it is!
Tomorrow will be Emma's birthday party. Got the gift from Tommy and folks along with some hand me ups. Thanks, Lisa. I made my 2nd computer card attempt using a photo. I'm definitely not up to Sheryl standards!
Last weekend I hosted 2 girls (10 and 11) and their chaperone from Uganda. They were part of a choir of kids who lost one or both parents to Aids or to war who now live in a church sponsored "village"with 8 kids to a "mother" or "father". The village has schools, a clinic, a church, and basics. They performed at MVPC and then stayed 2 nights with members. I had thought to take them to DC or Mt Vernon and invite SMEE for dinner or desert, but the chaperone was sick, so we simply washed clothes, did homework, and watched one of my few movies. Guess what they chose: Lilli. It was fun to see it again. ( we were not to do anything without the chaperone being present.) Lisa, the website is www.watoto.com.
The Kennedy Center is putting on a fascinating group of programs, ARABESQUE, featuring various arab groups from around the world. We plan to go to the art exhibits and one of the Millenium Stage productions with Hermitage residents mid March.
Elinor and I are planning a 17 day trip to Australia with OAT on the 6th of August. Barbara probably won't go this year. She and Bob are planning two trips and she's just overwhelmed by work. Juan from Peru is living there and also the family of Vickie's son that died. Hope to visit them as well as hop around with the kangaroos. I will possibly join the church work trip to Guatemala in mid June and for sure will be going to Colorado in October for my college 50th reunion. Salazar is a CC grad, by the way. When he first came to the senate he spoke at a CC gathering.
Please let me know when any of you might be coming this way or if there is another time we might connect at the cabin or wherever.
Samuel is still trying to get me into this century. He showed me his myspace and facebook and we listened to some selections from CDs. Where do you all go to do that? Can anyone tell me what twitter is? Samuel and those at work I've asked don't know.
Love from Mom, GrandmaK and Gheema
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment