Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Happy Birthday and etc.

Good thing I sent off a package to Sheryl early last week, because my good intentions about making a card have not yet been realized. Hopefully I'll get to that soon. Happy Birthday, honey.

Lisa suggested I use some of the art work from the Hermitage for my sermon this Sunday. Just got back from the church. Looks like we'll reproduce a resident drawing on the bulletin cover, I'll display a quilt on a rocking chair up front and the lamb's picture from our 23rd Psalm window on the communion table.  May bring a couple of calendars and reminiscence books, as well. Last week I collected hymn and scripture suggestions and will use at least one poem as a prayer.

There has been lots of editing for the Pastor Nominating Committee. Scott has helped me get better with Mac computer tools.

Sunday I was able to get to the final day for some great exhibits at American University's gallery. There were fun things like nail and garlic sculptures and sticker art. My favorite was a group of Washington artists' work and portraits from 30 to 40 years ago and now along with a written page of what art means for them and what they hope it means to their audience.

The last Wednesday evening in August I'll travel by train to Georgia to spend some time with Aunt Helen. Could only find night travel. Will arrive back here Sunday morning, Labor Day weekend.

It's always fun to spend time with SMEE here and hear from the rest of you.
Love, KMom



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mom, are you giving the sermon at MVPC on Sunday? I don't think I know about this - could you say more?