Monday, October 8, 2012

Got back late afternoon from retreat with Knots for Knitters only Friday through Monday. It is in a Presbyterian camp, probably soon to be sold, out near where Sheryl and Ben were married. Beautiful country just beginning to turn color. I spent a lot of time on watercolors, some I started at the Torpedo Factory and some I did on site. Good to get back more into painting. They have done these craft retreats twice a year for several years, but this is only my second one. The lodges have big gathering areas where we set up tables and everyone works and talks. Some leave the lodge only to go eat! I got my alone time outside painting when it was nice weather. Carol Morrison was one of the gang.

Got a call from Mike Cockill, an old friend from Ft. Campbell days. Nelson and Fay and I plan to get together with him and wife Anita a week from Thursday when they are in town. Last time we saw them was when they visited us in Hawaii!

Loved Scott's post and Sheryl's comments!  Love, GrandmaK

1 comment:

Schmeece said...

I remember the Cockills! I thought we had seen them in Indiana, maybe even in Germany one time? Anyway - great to hear you will reconnect.

I LOVE the idea of Knots for Knitters and lots of folks coming together to do crafts and visit. Good stuff; maybe I'll do something like that in the future :)