It turns out that pneumonia is going around Harry's day care center, and he's got it. >:P He's acting 95% normal, but has a bad cough that isn't going away and wakes him up at night, which seems to be the most obvious symptom for the other kids in his daycare as well. We don't know if it's viral, bacterial, or another kind (I don't remember the name of that one) but the treatment is basically the same: leave it alone to heal itself, which can take weeks, or use antibiotics. So we're using antibiotics. It's been awhile since the last creepin' crud decimated the day care, so I guess I should have been expecting something like this - it seems to be cyclical.
Unfortunately, he can't go back to daycare until his cough is gone (to try to protect any kids who may not have been exposed yet), so I may be taking some sick leave next week to take care of Harry. The good part of it is that I have the leave to spend, and Harry isn't really feeling sick, so if we have to hang out at home for a few days, that'll be okay - I'm sure I'll read every Thomas book in the house until I'm about ready to pitch them out the window, but there are worse things!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment