Thursday, January 29, 2009

I just lost my job

Don't really know what else to say. No warning. Beginning an afternoon of job-hunting and resume polishing now.

5 comments:

woodarty said...

That's really tough, honey. Hope this turns into a blessing in disguise and you find something really fulfilling. Love, Mom

Kevin Kim said...

I'm sorry to hear this, but I wish you good luck with the job hunting, and offer my hopes that you'll find something as good or better-- soon!


Kevin

Kaylin said...

Ugh - that stinks! Even though it wasn't your ideal job, it always feels better to walk away from a job yourself rather than have someone else make that decision. I remember crying one time because I wasn't offered a job... as a telemarketer. >:P

Hopefully something much better lands in your lap! Any possibility of pursuing some of your hobbies as a job? I remember you tossing that around as an idea - don't know how workable that would be in this economy, but it's always worth a try.

Schmeece said...

Schmer, I'm so sorry to hear about this and mirror Karen's sentiments.
TK suggests he check in with his Portland buddy on your behalf. I'd be happy to review your resume if you find that helpful - I'm the main person to receive resumes here...
I'm pulling for you! Lis

Kaylin said...

Any news? We're sending you lots of getting-great-job(s) vibes (or vibes for becoming independently wealthy and then supporting your siblings in the manner to which they'd like to become accustomed...) ;D