This past week has been way too much for me. The weekend was a welcome retreat with some women friends from church to the Middleburg area not far from the place where Sheryl and Ben were married. We hiked, I painted, they crafted, we talked, and there was a Saturday late afternoon service. I was so tired by work, that I misunderstood communications and didn't take sheets, towell and washcloth, etc., and also came home 3 hours later than I had understood. (I rode with Amy Smith, if any of you know her. She has a 5 year old little boy, Harrison and called Harry. I told him I really liked his name!
The weekend was lovely--sun and beautiful colors. The finale, of course, was Eileen's birthday party. I was late, but forgiven. I think she really enjoyed it. Sone of the kids put on a show for us after the party.
Last week I gave my powerpoint on Peru and Ecuador. It was packed. Even some of the staff came. I got lots of complements from the residents all week. There was so much going on I worked lots overtime and wasn't able to keep up let alone do the Bazaar stuff. My new boss arrived Friday. I need to get in very early tomorrow to organize what she needs to start taking over. One fun part of the week was the Halloween Party where the entertainment was Birds of Prey, a volunteer who works with injured wild birds. He brings several birds, parades them around the room and talks about them. We were encouraged to wear masks, hats, or costumes on the theme, or inspired by the words. Our administrator didn't come as the Flying Nun, as we suggested. One woman came as a Praying Mantis. Nathan paper clipped different colored feathers to his hair and borrowed my Toucan beak.
By the way, I still don't get the Test, Yo. Did it have anything to do with the Red and Blue State Virus? That was fun.
Hope there is a way to all get together to sing-a-long,etc. Mary Ann is moving out mid November, so there is room here for anyone who would like to come. I'm always anxious to get together whenever you can. Love, Mom, GheemaK, etc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment