There's something about this blog I don't get. Certain things seem to go to everyone and certain things don't. Maybe comments to posts only go to the original poster? My response to Kaylin's announcement about having the wedding in June didn't seem to get seen—unless nobody noticed the last line:
"I just got asked to guest conduct for the Messiah Sing-Along at KenCen this December 23rd!"
Not to troll for compliments, but I'm pretty sure you all would have said something if you saw it...
Love, Scott
4 comments:
Actually, if you'd seen the flurry of e-mails between Sheryl and Lisa and me, you'd know that we all are extremely excited about it! I wondered why you posted that in a comment instead of an actual post, because it seemed like a REALLY big deal to me! (If you're not getting the e-mail notifications, you only see the comments if you look for them vs. posts being obvious. Up until now, I hadn't been getting an e-mail notification for new additions to the blog because I was checking it frequently, but I've now signed up for that because I don't want to miss any other hidden gems like this!)
And then life intervened yesterday before I could send you an e-mail directly.
So CONGRATULATIONS! John and I are trying to figure out if it's possible for me to be there in person to see you conduct. :) Can't promise anything, but I'll try (and I'll try not to stand up and shout to everyone around me that I'm related to you, like we used to at your concerts).
Yes, ditto. We did see, and I'm terribly excited about it! Congratulations!
I am trying to figure out if there's a way that maybe I can come to DC to be there for it, but I wanted to keep looking into it, so I hadn't said anything yet.
So, tell us more! Who called you? Where were you? What were you wearing? What does success smell like? ;)
Yep, we're all figuring out this blog - but it's cool. Schmer, thanks for setting it up. Now, tell me how to post (I've figured out how to comment).
Scott, glad to talk with you for a sec this afternoon - post a bit more with additional news!
Love, Lis
I again replied by email, but I think it only goes to Scott that way or maybe doesn't go at all. I did see the comment today in both the blog and email, but missed it before. Great news. Love, Mom
Post a Comment