Years ago Lisa sent me her egg nog recipe. Really, she sent me two - one skinny and one not. I went for the not skinny recipe (Hey, it's egg nog!) This was the recipe with 4 cups of brandy in it, that at one point mentioned adding 2 cups brandy, then never said what to do with the other 2 (drink during preparation?). I can't find this recipe and it makes me sad. I can do some online digging, but does anyone have the recipe and can you post it here? Then it shall be recorded forever in the blogosphere!
Thanks!!
Friday, December 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I tried the cooked eggnog recipe to avoid any possibility of salmonella, etc., and it took for-freakin'-ever! I swear I ended up cooking that stuff for over an hour. It tasted fine, although much like store-bought eggnog... but then again, we had no brandy so we used rum, and less than the 2 to 4 cups in the recipe of yore. So maybe if we had used enough brandy it would have been much improved?
That said, the next time I make eggnog, I'm going to see if I can find pasteurized raw eggs, and skip the cooking part.
Man, you and mom and your fear of eggs! Sometimes you just gotta throw caution to the wind - lemon ice box pie and egg nog - I'd be willing to bet they're both much yummier if you go with the raw egg variety.
I actually don't have a problem eating them myself - it's just that John has weird GI problems and young kids are much more susceptible to salmonella, etc. So if we want the kids to taste anything, we really don't want to use raw eggs... which means that, in my household, no one but me has even tasted lemon ice box pie. :(
Post a Comment