Oliver and Bailey like Asian food, so when they're here, we sometimes eat at Pei Wei, an Asian place that has "chopstick helpers" for kids - a little plastic widget that you snap your chopsticks into, which keeps the chopsticks separated so that you just have to squeeze the chopstick ends together to pick up food. A few days ago, Harry found one of the chopstick helpers (they're plastic, so we wash and re-use) and thought it was the world's tiniest bridge. I showed him what it was and how to use it, and he was fascinated!
We ended up in Pei Wei on Sunday night, and Harry ate 8 or 10 bites of chicken with his helpered chopsticks! He didn't do quite as well with the noodles, however... but when he started to eat with the fork instead of with the chopsticks, I don't think it got any less messy. ;)
And then yesterday I gave him some grapes and he asked for a spoon, and then said, "sticks" and nodded when I asked him if he wanted chopsticks. He ate all his grapes with his chopsticks, and then if I asked him if he liked eating with sticks, he said, "CHOPsticks." LOL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment