
Once upon a time I liked snow. That time is past.
It has been snowing for the last 8 days in Portland. The good news is, we have a couple of great friends in the neighborhood, and we trudged there last night for some company and good cheer. We have food. We have heat and stuff. But, I'm supposed to fly to DC tomorrow. The Sunday version of my Monday flight was cancelled today. So far, my flight tomorrow morning is still scheduled, but who knows? In the event that my flight tomorrow isn't cancelled, I am wondering how I'll even get to the airport...as of right now, people aren't even allowed to drive on the highways without chains...
2 comments:
That is tragic -- after all that booking and planning! However, on the good side, if you can get to the airport today, I see that a UAL flight is announced as having flown into Portland in the last hour.
I do not see your flight announced but there are some other cross-country long flights scheduled. But as you say, the problem is going to get you as far as the airport.
We'll all be so disappointed if you can't make it. Here's hoping ......
Dad & me
That is tragic -- after all that booking and planning! However, on the good side, if you can get to the airport today, I see that a UAL flight is announced as having flown into Portland in the last hour.
I do not see your flight announced but there are some other cross-country long flights scheduled. But as you say, the problem is going to get you as far as the airport.
We'll all be so disappointed if you can't make it. Here's hoping ......
Dad & me
Post a Comment