Hi guys! First I wanted to say thank you so much for the birthday calls with singing, cards and presents! I spent the day doing fun things - having brunch with friends, visiting a favorite yarn store, dinner out, a trip to Powell's and Cupcake Jones and most triumphantly, returning my crutches to the pharmacy!
On August 10 I was cleared to begin walking a little each day in a regular (but supportive) shoe with an ankle sleeve, with an official target of my birthday for no longer using the boot at all. I met that goal, so that was another great birthday present.
Every day walking gets a little easier. I've started using a pedometer and I am back up to my two-mile a week goal of either walking or using the elliptical machine we have in our office. That has particularly been good exercise because there's no impact and it is impossible to limp on it! ;) During my walking, I've been going slowly so that I can really concentrate on not limping - if I just walk and don't think about it, I limp.
I also auditioned and was accepted for a caroling group in Portland. They sing in quartets at places they're hired to be: malls, public areas, Christmas parties, and the like. I don't yet know if I'll be part of the full-time quartet or the part-time quartet, but either way, I should get several hours of performance time and did I mention this is paid? Woo! Rehearsals start this Sunday night, so I will know soon if I'm a part-timer or a full-timer.
No comments:
Post a Comment