Neil's wedding was really fun. Met Bob and Barb in Chicago and we drove a rental to a hotel in Indiana central to the festivities. Made the rehearsal dinner Friday night hosted by Mike and Ellie in an Italian restaurant and met Brie's two little ones and Paul for the first time as well as Helen, Neil's new wife. Both Paul and Helen are very outgoing and the two little ones are really really cute!
Helen comes from a close knit Serbian family. Helen and Neil were married in a 100 year old beautiful Serbian Orthodox church. Incense, crowns, murals, no chairs! A brunch was held in a huge home which reminded me of Sheryl and Ben's wedding. Lots of yummy Serbian food and music (violin, accordion, keyboard, and singer). Neil and Helen are business partners as well. They were introduced as Dr and Dr, rather than Mr and Mrs! Reception was held in a huge permanent tent with a nice floor for dancing. The same music group performed and Bob, Barb, and I joined some of the simple Serbian dances (I had done them at folk dance) as well as the more normal wedding dances. Elinor sent us home with a Costa Rica picture calendar she made plus a kringle I'll share with SMEE. Sorry, it got a little crushed, but still tastes good! We got up too early for me today. Yawn! I'm going to bed early.
Love, Gheema and GrandmaK
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment