A few months ago, I noticed that I was running more frequently than usual. 3-4 times a week on the regular is usually an indication that I'm training for something. This time around, however, I had not signed up for any races or events. Just got the bug to do it. But that led to me thinking, "Hey, I should sign up for something . . . " and then I spent a week or two kicking that around. I thought about the Run Like Hell half-marathon that I did last year and that is right at the end of October. But then I also looked at the Portland Marathon in the beginning of October and wondered if I could actually compress a 16-week training session into 13 weeks in time to do it. It would be tricky.
Decided to do it anyway. =)
We're now in the Why Did I Do This? phase of marathon training, where every long run on Sunday is a half-marathon or better and mid-week runs are upwards of 9-10 miles. My legs are in decent shape thus far with the occasional ache and pain, but none of the crippling knee problems that occurred when I did the MCM in '06. I'm optimistic I can get through the next couple of weeks and will have a good run on the 7th as I amble through downtown Portland.
Thursday, September 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment