Just wanted to report in that these first few days of school have been going well for SMEE!
Eileen's really enjoying Kindergarten and Emma is reconnecting with her friends in 4th grade. Mary's teaching a new 6th-grade advanced math course, which is bumping her position from a half-time job to 70%.
Luckily that fits her schedule just fine: she leaves the house at 7:30am with both girls, gets done teaching and then has an hour and change of her own time before picking up Emma and Eileen at 2:45. It's refreshing for them all to be together instead of Eileen going her own way each morning.
My commute is also easier. Not only do I not have to get Eileen over to the Rec Center for preschool as in recent years, but I just learned that my early-morning class on Tuesdays and Thursdays has been canceled because only one student was qualified for it. That means I get to miss morning rush hour every day now! I will still have late nights, but will get better sleep and see the girls every morning.
Mary has been very consistent about working out every morning first thing, but my most recent exercise was 18 holes of golf...Wii golf, that is. Now that Sher and Ben are literally stepping it up, I'm going to do better, so starting this morning I'm strapping on my running shoes...
Love, Scott
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment