Sunday, September 28, 2008

Book fair and fish tales and debate

Did you watch the debate? What did you think?

I went to the book fair for the first time yesterday. Heard four authors including Cokie Roberts. No seats for that one! Also looked over the maps and artifacts on Central and South America at the Library of Congress, which I'm taking the residents to this week. There is an early map of Cusco, Peru and several Inca artifacts. They've also computerized the display so you can turn the objects around on screen and gain more info. Downstairs is a Bob Hope exhibit if we have time.

Today I played with the two E's right after they'd visited the new marine display at the Museum of Natural History. Emma was full of observations such as how huge the jaws of the shark were and how he had tiny teeth.

Got a call from Juan last night. He still hasn't found a serious girlfriend. Any ideas? He lives in Australia now, but may someday come to the US. Love, Mom

1 comment:

Kaylin said...

I loved the Library of Congress! Would have loved to get a job there and just soak it up on a daily basis.