I'm learning Sharepoint for work. The marketing department (of 3) has to manage a ridiculous amount of documents, fonts, graphics, emails, presentations and forms. The company has started to employ sharepoint to keep organized. It's kindof half intranet and half network drive. I'm now in charge of making it do what we want it to do. I'm enjoying the challenge, if finding it difficult to find the time to dedicate to learning about and creating the infrastructure when people are constantly contacting me about other smaller things.
Next week we have to present a working site to the sales force, so tomorrow is a designated all sharepoint day - I've turned on my "out-of-office" email rule and I'm going to put a sign on the back of my chair telling people to pretend I'm not there. We'll see how this works.
Anybody ever used Sharepoint? Or Infopath? (I'm also trying to learn that as a way to create forms).
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sorry, Mersch - I have no experience with either Sharepoint or Infopath. Good luck, though!
I have no experience with either, but need to get something in my office to many (too) many projects and herd the cats I work around! Mersch, lemme know what you think and instead of giving you tips, I'll reap the rewards of all your good learning :) Ha!
Post a Comment