Friday, September 5, 2008

Out in VA

I'll be in Virginia for a couple of days starting this Sunday and I'm flying back home on Wednesday. Based on the schedule I've been handed (which, like everything with my company, is subject to change at a whim), Sunday evening and Tuesday evening around 5ish are the times I roll into the dinner timeframe without anything going on with the company. And Sunday is only good if the plane gets me in on time (which didn't go so well on my last trip). I won't have a rental car and will be out at the Worldgate Marriott in Herndon. It would be fun to see the VA peeps if possible, but I can completely understand if my pieces of free time and location do not work out on the schedules of others.

I'm starting to get the hang of this manager thing and, thus far, I've only made one person cry. Sheryl would say I'm obviously not trying hard enough. But I'm enjoying what I'm doing and hoping that my people continue to make me look good.

2 comments:

Kaylin said...

Ben, I just can't imagine you making someone cry!

I once had a boss who thought it was part of the job description to make people cry on a regular basis. She finally took another job and we all breathed a sigh of relief... and then threw away our voodoo dolls and the dartboard with her face on it, etc...

Ben said...

Well, to be honest, this person was crying about the situation in question after we spoke and was not weeping during our convo, nor due to anything I said or did.

I'm in the middle of annual reviews and staring down the barrel of two or three that are going to be tricky. More sobbing may be on my horizon.